Bill Watch List
Our Legislative Bill Watch List makes it simple and straight-forward for Members and others to follow the Society’s position on bills that affect the general public and the profession of Enrolled Agents. Our lobbyist and staff review introduced and amended bills throughout the legislative year sending all relevant bills to the Legislative Affairs Committee for consideration.
Formal Positions Defined
If you do not see a position listed below, it means that CSEA currently does not have any bills that fall into the respective category.
- Bills We Support – We have submitted a letter of support to the author of the bill and the members of either of the two tax policy committees
- Bills We Oppose – CSEA has submitted either an oppose or oppose unless amended position to the author of the bill and the members of either of the two tax policy committees
- Pending Committee Review – Our Legislative Affairs Committee is reviewing the bill to determine CSEA’s position
- Neutral Bills – Bills that we will not be taking a position on
- Bills We’re Watching – Bills that deal with issues relevant to tax policy (expenditures, credits, deductions, agency operations), but that CSEA typically does not submit a position on due to their more partisan nature
To view: Click the category header to see the complete bill list for each category. Click the bill title to view a summary of the bill.
To print: Un-collapse the bill sections you would like to print, then use the control-P command on your keyboard to print them. Alternatively, you may print a PDF version of this information.